Monday, June 8, 2009

Richmond v Eagles ( Cousins vs his old team)

Ben Cousins will face West Coast on Saturday night, but to Brad Ebert younger teammates, the Richmond star is now just another opponent.

This is this first time that Cousins will have played against his old team, but it is also the first game to coach for the new Richmond Coach

But for Ebert 19years of age, arrived at West Coast a month after Cousins left for Drug rehab(he is over it), He is just taking it as another game.

"We haven't really talked about it yet, we haven't talked about playing on Ben Cousins or anything like that," Ebert said on Monday from Subiaco Oval.

"I know that'll be the hype around the game. But on a personal note I wasn't at the club when Ben was here so it's really just going into another game and he's just another opponent.

"He's starting to play some good footy again (and) he's been a great of the game over the past few years, so you've got to show him respect because he is such a good player.

Against Gellong Ebert was one of his side's best with 16 possessions and nine tackles, while young teammates Scott Selwood, Chris Masten and Jamie McNamara all showed glimpses of Greatness against the League's best midfield.

Masten and Scott Selwood both joined Ebert at the club after Cousins' departure, while McNamara debuted in 2007.

"I reckon all the young boys are starting to stand up and hopefully we can continue that and take that into the second half of the year," Ebert said on Monday.

"I suppose it was just disappointing in that first 10 minutes where we really let them get that run-on and five goals." Ebert said about the Gellong match on Sunday.

Ebert's impressive round 11 performance came just days after he re-signed with West Coast.

The No.13 draft pick put a celebrated family history in South Australian football to the side and said 21 games into his career West Coast was the club for him.

"I'm really happy to re-sign with the club and they've been great to me over the last couple of years," he said.

"The club's been great to me and my family, so there was no other option really for me, I wanted to stay here."

I think the hype is around Cousins like its a 1 man team, I think they should focus on the whole team abit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment